Thursday, August 31, 2017

More than a pain in the butt.

My backside isn't the only thing suffering when I'm in hot water. Lately I've felt my back slightly protest when I'm over Dominic's lap, flat on the bed, or leaning over. We'd eliminated anything flat on the bed and leaning over the bed seemed to not be as bad. By bedtime last night, my back had been bothering me more frequently. I'd tried to be more active, stretch, etc. I didn't realize my frequent leaning over was causing the pain until I started to lean over the bed and froze. My mid-back had pulled and didn't want to let go. It was better when I stood up, so we adjusted some pillows and bedding and let the spanking begin. 

My back was happily supported, until it wasn't at all. I mentioned to Dominic that the pillows were sinking and my back wasn't being held up. He said just a little more, almost done, and kept going.  I said this very calmly and didn't attempt to move from position. I'm not exactly comfortable during a spanking, but this felt different. I wasn't happy he was going to keep going, but thought "well maybe it'll be okay, maybe this seems worse because my back and butt hurt now." But a particularly wicked swat made me jump forward just enough that the damage was done. My back knifed me. I burst into screaming tears. Dominic tried to calm me but my back was in so much pain I couldn't process anything he said. I didn't want to stand or move but curling up hurt too. I've never reacted to a spanking like that so he knew this wasn't me boo hooing over a sore butt. He really hadn't got much spanking in at all before this meltdown. He got me settled in after some helpful stretching and a heating pad. 

So that's your free Public Service Announcement. Don't keep bending over if your back is a little annoyed by it. Eventually, it'll be very angry about it!

What's the magic position in your house that keeps angry joints and muscles from rioting? Our bed is probably a bit too low to be leaning over, the back of the couch may be up next.  

23 comments:

  1. Ouch! I'm sorry to hear you went through that. The pain for you and I'm sure Dominic feels terrible as well. Eric sometimes punishes me in the closet, standing with my hands holding the clothes rack overhead (last night, for example). It's actually better on my back because I can shift my weight from foot to foot, my hands overhead pull my shoulders up taking the strain off my back, and there is some give so the strike doesn't travel up my spine. Hopefully that will help you. We've also found the kitchen counter is a good spot to bend over. Just the right height. Good luck! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madeline,
    Our bed is high...... and I am short....... this combo works and over the bed I go. Because I am short, he can hold me still and secure. No problems or suggestions. Sorry I cannot help.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hearing we need to shop for a new bed, very helpful! ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi Madeline, oh ouch,I'm sorry you had that experience. Back pain is the worse. Like Meredith, our bed is high...and I am not lol. I hope with some experimentation you will find a position that works for you.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz, maybe a different bed is in our future!

      Delete
  4. hi Madeline, I too go over a high bed on a couple of pillows! On the plus side, maybe you will get let off for a couple of days.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing high beds are the answer... maybe a change is in order!

      Delete
  5. Poor girl,
    Back problems are just awful. We also have a high bed, but I think Amy's idea of the kitchen counter would also be a good one. We also have a very firm bolster pillow for me to go over. Your back stays comfortable even if bottom doesn't.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the bolster pillow sounds like a good idea. I can handle quite a bit of bottom discomfort, but back problems are something else! Thanks Ella.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry to hear your back is playing up Madeline. We don't spank when my back is bad. Anyway our bed is high so no problem there. I've got a tens machine which helps my back, maybe purchase one if you have an ongoing problem.
    Good luck!
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tens machine is a good idea. Back isn't an ongoing problem, but out of the blue will get tweaked by sitting too long, picking up a child with my back instead of my legs, or gardening too long... Maybe some stretching and yoga before bending over will be part of the routine.

      Delete
  7. Back pain is not fun and something hopefully a little time will help with. Maybe avoiding bending over the bed is a good idea. What about just laying across it instead of stressing your back bending it. It's trial and error figuring out what will work best. Good luck and I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions! We've had some time off for many reasons and my back's doing ok. I guess we'll have fun experimenting with different ways and places in the house ;)

      Delete
  8. I have been exactly where you have been with back/hip issues. There are several okay positions: standing is one, over a saw horse; we also have a wedge pillow that I will 'bend over' on the bed with my knees on the bed ( I am not a big person so we were able to just purchase one for acid reflux from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Pillow-Reflux-PIllow-Elevation-inches/dp/B004X7CBFS/ref=pd_bxgy_121_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B004X7CBFS&pd_rd_r=WMXFT6YH82FRX57YZA84&pd_rd_w=tofIf&pd_rd_wg=Pflnf&psc=1&refRID=WMXFT6YH82FRX57YZA84); bent over our chest freezer ( we have teens so the quiet of the storage room is an added bonus), and my LEAST favourite, the diaper position. In truth the best position is basically what Amy suggested, hands above the head standing though it is not so easy to stand still lol. Hope that helps

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link and position ideas! We haven't tried any of these yet.

      Delete
  9. Madeline, I am never entirely free of back pain and generally employ pillows or a bolster, even when over Harry's lap. As Laurel says, it takes time and error. Hopefully you will be able to experiment when your pain is less acute.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie, the bolster sounds like a good idea and a bit cheaper than a new bed :)

      Delete
  10. OUCH..back pain is the worse...you already have the advice I was going to add...hope the back is better soon and you find what works for you. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby, the pain didn't last long but we'll be figuring out what works best soon.

      Delete
  11. My back freaks and locks up quite often, ever since I was pregnant with my last. That was 11 years ago. It took me about 5 or 6 years to recognize the warning signs I get (ache in stomach and back) just before it happens and I can now head it off with a heating pad or hot bath. Take care of yourself, hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really helpful, I haven't paid attention to the warning signs. It seems to catch me out of the blue and has only happened since pregnancies. Appreciate the tips!

      Delete
  12. I've had a couple of episodes from a slipped disc so i feel your pain. When BIKSS spanks me i'm flat on the bed, sometimes with pillows under me, but always always with my body weight supported - ie, no free standing or bending over with just arms holding on to something. Or else he's lying on his back and i'm lying across him so he can smack my butt from below me. As long as my tummy is always on something (bed, pillows, his hips) i'm ok. good luck. hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete