Sunday, September 30, 2018

I hate the loopy johnny.

Hello blogland, looks like I'll be up all night and it's not entirely my fault. Each year of my 30s has triggered various protests from my body. One medication or lifestyle change might cure one ailment while setting off another issue. This time, it's insomnia. 

Since I can hardly vacuum or clean in the dead of the night, I suppose I can manage to write uninterrupted.

DD is alive and well, while not front burner. My smart mouth and eye rolls often aren't dealt with. He forgets by the time we go to bed and I'm not really sure if it happened that evening or two days ago. I forget to do things he's told me to do, but not out of outright defiance... just our life in the first six weeks of a school year.

But lest I get too comfortable, there are things that cause Dominic to pause everything for to make a spanking happen. Like showing the bull red, I can make choices that tell him "spank this girl NOW." There were several moments during the most recent spanking where my stomach dropped and "oh shit" went through my head.  Not because it was so horrible, Dominic isn't cruel or insane. Dominic's confidence that spanking me was good for me, for us, and exactly what I needed put me in a very good submissive headspace. Hundreds of spankings ago, I'd have to give Dominic reassurance that I wasn't going to break, encourage him to keep spanking, or spank harder. We talked through that mental journey that happens when he gets bossy, growly, and tells me to bend over. But this time, when I jumped or wiggled,  he didn't stop. He knows I can handle a harsh spanking. He knows I need and want him to spank firmly, even when I sort of don't! (Only a submissive partner can understand that dichotomy!)

I jumped forward when he switched from his belt to the *%#$! loopy johnny.

Thankfully, we only own ONE.
Cane-Iac claims this implement is made to be both loved and feared. That is False.

No love here. No love at all. I do not love to hate it. I know it's silent and this infraction absolutely warranted severe implements. But just let me express how much I hate it. It's not like it's appropriate for me to lament how sore an implement makes me to my husband who uses them! 😂 You know that mixed feeling you might get about implements you love to hate? It hurts plenty and you get butterflies thinking about it, but at the same time it's a good hurt and puts you in a really good submissive spot? Or maybe the image of your partner using it is a turn on?

It's not like that. At. All.

dread it. It's an incredibly effective deterrent. Dominic barely puts any swing behind it and I am clawing the sheets. I am in tears after maybe three swats.  I have a fairly decent pain tolerance too! Do you have an intense addictive habit you're trying to quit like say, cocaine? Order this implement. You'll be able to quit cold turkey. 

Anyway, Dominic didn't stop. He knew he was doing exactly what I needed. Jumping forward gave him a better angle for my thighs so they got some very painful motivation to get my butt back into position.

It took about three days before I quit feeling this spanking. Driving the next morning was miserable. (I guess it would defeat the purpose of not whining to ask Dominic if there are bonus points for not whining.)

I'd like to be more intentional with submission and wish we weren't both so spent by the end of the day. I wish we both had more energy and margin in the day to be disciplined with maintenance and discipline for smaller infractions. We both would benefit from that time together doing things that encourage growth in our roles.

But even with the day to day grind and attitude I often get, I defer to Dominic and am mindful of his preferences. When I've blatantly crossed an important line, we find our roles. A few nights later, we made cheap cocktails and ate junk food while watching an incredibly stupid movie. The connected, light feeling days that follow a punishment remind me why we keep doing this, why it's worth making time and energy for.

Even if it means gritting my teeth for that blasted implement. 😖😱

12 comments:

  1. Hi Madeline,

    It's great to see you post:) from everything I have read about the loopy I'm glad we don't have one. I too love that connected feeling after a punishment.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no experience with the loopy johnny. I picked one up long ago and slapped my palm with it. Yooee. A hard limit for me to give. Here's to Dominic for giving you want you need from time-to-time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Madeline,
    It has been a long time. I am trying to crawl back to blogland slowly. First a fabulous vacation and then a house disaster, but I am just managing to keep my head above the water.

    Ah, yes, we received one of these as a gift from a blogging friend. At least I thought she was my friend. I do agree with you, though. The farther apart you are from each other, the harder the spanking has to be. Otherwise it doesn't do the job.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. A friend gifted me a lovely wooden salad bowl with matching wooden spoons. The spoons have seen a whole lot more action than the bowl!

      Delete
  4. B owns a couple of looping johnnys. One is leather, and it stings, but certainly ins't the worst tool he owns. The other is hemp, from cane iac. It is very thuddy and can leave a lasting impression. Thankfully it is more the type of silent implement that helps my mindset. He does however own what was referred to as a 'liquid' cane. I believe it is made of neoprene. It can NOT be used anyway that is light. One swing of that on a 'virgin' bum and my mind goes into flight mode, which turns into anger for a bit to deal with the pain.

    I can't say I honestly think of any of his implements and they give me butterflies. I know a few that I prefer because at the end of the day they help my mindset. The liquid cane CAN do that if he goes past the anger stage, but with punishments here his goal is to punish and that is fast and furious....URGH. I wish I could see them as a deterrent but generally speaking if I am in a mindset that has me doing something to warrant a punishment, I am too far gone to think logically about what might happen next! LOL


    As for the rest of your post, unfortunately life generally gets in the way and many of us find we wish we could find the time and energy to devote to our roles, especially when we first start ttwd. Eventually it becomes who you are, discipline or not but it can be a long road to get there. Sounds like you are on a good track though if you feel you defer to him and are mindful of his preferences despite not having time to grow in a way you wish in your rolls right now. Any forward motion is progress, so good on you.

    willie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. That typo made me laugh! This liquid cane sounds absolutely awful... I hope never shows up in my house.

      Delete
  6. Hi Madeline ... Loopy Johnny ... sounds like something to add to my 'implements to avoid list' ... On the other hand there is something to be said for 'lasting effects' ;) ... nj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lasting effects are definitely a good thing!

      Delete