Saturday, December 2, 2017

Spanksgiving

No need to click on this article, Dominic has a solution and this holiday will forever be known to me as Spanksgiving. The hiatus was so very, very over.

For now, a few lessons learned...
  • Spanking over jeans still hurts plenty!
  • He can figure out a way to reframe my state of mine, even if we are visiting relatives. 
  • Growth is something to be thankful for. I’ve been guilty of giving Dominic the answer I think he wants or the answer I should give. Particularly if he's wanting to watch a game or go golfing. While I’m not perfect in my handling of these topics, it’s better than it used to be. 
  • When mama is exhausted, it’s easy to hand the tablet to a grumpy child. Unfortunately I’ve accidentally made in-app purchases and bought full seasons of TV shows when I meant to buy one episode. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Hot and Cold is just how this will go in our season of life. It seems like there are weeks I get spanked constantly to be followed by a week of barely talking before we both crash. It's not inconsistency, it's just the way it is.
  • Preventative spanking before a chaotic event is preferable than trying to keep myself from exploding during a stressful family event.  Not needing help with stress or letting myself be stressed would be ideal, but we don't live in utopia. 
  • I'm nicer when sitting makes me flinch.

7 comments:

  1. M,
    It is wonderful to see you back. Lessons learned provide instant insight as to just how thing are going. Good post!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the one on Preventive Spanking. It helps me remember to stay calm,, patient, and kind. Enjoyed this post, Maddy. Very thoughtful.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ella, those preventative discussions make for a much happier day.

      Delete
  3. Giggling and I can totally sympathize. Exhaustion should be my middle name.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
  4. As difficult as it all must have been this post has put a smile on my face. Glad you got through the holiday with Dominic’s help. Sometimes ‘it’s just the way it is’ and we have to be good with that. A great post!

    ReplyDelete