Thursday, July 12, 2018

Well that didn't turn out so well...

The fast paced, sweltering family week came to an end and it all caught up with us. The children hit a few days of fun/sugar/excitement hangover. It all caught up with me too and I ended up shouting in Dominic's face. Excellent move. We were so freaking tired that night, he told me to go to bed. We both crashed and planned to deal with it the next night. One child headed off for a sleepover and the house was quiet.

It was an extremely hard spanking, as expected. There was no floating away to subspace. It just sucked with additional humbling enhancements.

We re-connected and as I started to lay my head on my pillow, I noticed my phone screen flashing. The child needed picked up. Since I was specifically being cried for, I headed out. By the next evening, we'd learned a few important lessons.

  1. Do not skip aftercare.
  2. Do not drive freshly spanked. That was the most miserable drive of my life. Being miserable after a spanking is really frustrating when you're by yourself and the HOH isn't holding you.
  3. Do not sleep in the same bed with a wiggly small child when nearly every inch of your body is sore and exhausted.
  4. Not sleeping after a hard spanking and adventurous sex will result in the worst subdrop of your life.
  5. Exhausted and emotional with a full day ahead is a great way to work yourself into another pickle.
Life just happens sometimes, but we have a very real understanding of the need to be well-rested and follow up with rest when any kind of power exchange happens. So even though just 48 hours ago I took a pretty hard spanking, we're heading back to the basement tonight to clear my head and get back into the groove we know works well.

Ouch.

12 comments:

  1. Madeline,
    We have had similar exhaustion experiences and it makes all the other things go wrong. Glad things are back to the way they need to be and all it took was a little sleep.
    Be good to yourself and keep in touch with your emails and posts.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith, exhaustion sure does make everything haywire. We're recovering now :)

      Delete
  2. I find that the smooth times last only so long. It’s really tough when something interrupts what and how we do things. Sorry you didn’t get all you needed the first time around but your guy seems to know what to do about it. I’m sure you’ll both be in a better space after the second basement visit, sometimes it takes two to get there. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're in a much better space this morning. These things happen sometimes :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Madeline,

    I'm sorry you have been through such a tough few days and that the first spanking didn't quite get you both back to where you want to be. Glad you have started to reconnect and hope the second basement visit gets you there.

    ((hugs))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last weekend Sam delivered a really tough spanking. I even fought the reconnection because I was so angry. And yes, we climbed into the car soon after. The difference was we didn't have to consider anyone but the two of us.

    When I read posts like this from couples with kids, I always think you deserve some kind of award for maintaining your ttwd relationship while caring for little ones. Madeline, you are amazing.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, Ella. One of the hardest parts about kids underfoot is a child crawling into bed when I have a very sore butt. Those little feet are painful!

      Delete
  5. I'm with Ella - I take care of just me and that is exhausting enough. I really don't know how you TTWD parents do it! I hope you get your rest and recover from all that bustle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still exhausted, but we got things taken care of last night. Hopefully we can go to bed to SLEEP tonight!

      Delete
  6. #4 is the worst one to deal with on your list I find. A place we have often found ourselves it. Over the years I have tried to explain to B how coming down slowly after a brutal spanking is most important. It doesn't have to be sex or even hugging in my case (often I am too angry if he hasn't spanked me to the point of exhaustion that is) but sleep or another type of submissive exercise helps lessen the drop. When we have to get back to resuming life like nothing happened it is so very awful for me....and then for him....and then for me again! lol.

    Good on D for knowing you needed to go again. Here is hoping you both remember for next time, because in the spirit of all honesty the more times this happens, the more difficult it is to fix with round two.

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #4 is the worst! We can laugh about 2 & 3, but #4 took some work to recover from. Glad to know we aren't alone!

      Delete